There’s no denying that gaming chairs are great for sitting; they look nice, they certainly feel comfortable, plus they go the extra mile in providing support.
The downside is that all of these features come at quite a hefty cost, and let’s be honest here; not everyone can afford to throw hundreds or even thousands of dollars into getting one chair.
So if you’re looking for affordable alternatives to gaming chairs, we’ve compiled a list with the top choices from multiple categories.
1. Master Massager Berkley Saddle Stool – Best Stool Alternative
If you’re looking for something different to try, why not go for a stool? Not only are stools proven to have multiple ergonomic benefits. Surprisingly enough, they also seem to provide better support for your back.
This stool is an excellent option for those who are looking for affordable alternatives to gaming chairs. It is fantastic for back pain, comes with multiple adjustment options (which you usually don’t find in stools very often), and has a stylish design. Let’s look at some of its pros and cons
This stool has a massive 660 lbs weight capacity which is suitable for pretty much anyone who wants to use it.
- It has a very adjustable height from 21 to 28 inches which is more than even some high-end chairs offer. This means this stool can fit a variety of people with different heights.
- It comes with a backrest! Now, this is something you definitely don’t see very often in the stool. Moreover, aside from having the backrest, it is also adjustable! The backrest can be tilted about 15°. That’s not all; if you find that you are not a big fan of the backrest and would like to have it removed, no problem! The back cushion can easily be removed as well.
- The seat cushion is 2 inches thick, whereas the backrest cushion is 1.8 inches thick, and they are both made of PU leather, making them comfortable to sit on.
- The stool design is made to provide excellent support, improve posture, and will be great for your tailbone.
- The seat cushions are designed with a split in the middle, which might make it feel uneven and a bit uncomfortable for some people.
2. VIVO Ergonomic Kneeling Chair – Best Kneeling Chair Alternative
Kneeling chairs are not new to the market. They have been long in use by people looking to improve posture, relieve back pain, and provide more support.
The VIVO ergonomic kneeling chair can support up to 250 lbs.
- This chair is very portable and fully equipped with castor wheels. It also has a three-inch comfortable cushion, so you can still feel comfortable as you move around on this chair. It has a solid and durable base that will last you in the long run.
- Its height is adjustable and can be changed up to 10 inches (from 21 to 31 inches), making it one of the most height flexible alternatives on the list.
- Its sleek design isn’t just for looking classy. It will actually help you stay upright and will benefit your posture by keeping you from kneeling. Your knees will remain below your hips which is the perfect ergonomic sitting position.
- This chair distributes the weight and pressure to your buttocks, legs, and knees. So, for people who are weak in these areas, it might become troublesome to use this chair after a while
- It’s not very practical to use for people that need to get up, leave and come back frequently because you have to fit yourself into the chair, and that becomes annoying after a bit.
3. Homall High Back Office Chair – Best Overall
There’s a reason this chair is an Amazon bestseller. Homall outdid themselves with the design, features, and functionality this chair offers. Tens of thousands of reviewers have praised this chair’s affordability and good quality.
The types of chairs are not only trendy these days but also have the advantage of being super affordable. Their excellent design is what earns them their good reputation and extra points for comfort (even for taller folks which increases the chair’s usability and right target audience). Its maximum weight capacity is about 300 pounds.
For a price so low, you won’t find much better than this.
- The seat is very adjustable. It has a 360° swivel and a full recline from 90° to 180°. The seat height can be taken from 17.3 to 21.5 inches, the seat size can go from 14.5 to 20.5 inches, and the back can adjust from 22.5 to 30.5 inches. So it’s very comfortable and roomy, even for big guys.
- The foam is soft yet not too enveloping. It is comfortable to sit on and is also firm to keep the user awake.
- The chair has a durable and sturdy build. It can support a diverse variety of people.
- It has a full back and armrests. Its design includes a neck and lumbar pillow, so it checks all the boxes in terms of support.
- The leather on the chair, although of outstanding quality, can sometimes make it hot to use.
- The armrests are not adjustable, so for some people, they might not be comfortable to use.
4. FantasyLabs Massage Memory Foam Chair – Highest Weight Capacity
Another office chair that is very budget-friendly (compared to models of gaming chairs that have these features) and great value for the money spent.
Low prices for seemingly flawless chairs might make one skeptical of their quality, but this chair has it all; a good design, an affordable price, comfort, adjustability, and quality.
This chair has a massive weight capacity of 400 lbs, making it suitable to use for just about anyone.
- This chair uses memory foam padding, which makes it highly comfortable and adapts to a person’s needs.
- It has a full back and lumbar support. It has a detachable neck pillow and a lumbar massage cushion. It also has adjustable armrests that move in 3 dimensions; up and down, back and forth.
- Aside from a 360° swivel and a recline feature, the chair seating area is relatively broad (from 21.7 to 2.5 inches). The backrest moves from 23.4 to 33.5 inches.
- It has a sturdy and robust frame made of a high-grade material that will last long.
- There might be some issue with the hinges.
5. Homall Recliner Chair – Best Sofa Style Chair
For those that are all for comfort and in need of a big reclining chair instead of one with wheels, this is the best option there is!
This chair has the ability to hold 265 pounds of weight. For a very low price, you can get a whole lounging sofa for gaming.
- It has a wide seat of 25.5 inches, making it very roomy and comfortable, even for big folks. It has a soft but firm cushion.
- It can recline up to 180°, and it has a footrest for maximum support.
- It is easy to assemble, clean, and maintain
- It does not have a lot of adjustability factors. The armrests and back are fixed. The headrest and lumbar pillow are also not adjustable.
- The leather covering might be a bit fragile and susceptible to damage.
6. SIHOO Ergonomic Office Chair – Best Chair With A Footrest
This chair puts a twist on the regular office chair and adds a footrest. It is one step ahead of the others in terms of ergonomics, and those who like extra support for their feet will really like this chair.
- It has a 330 lbs weight capacity which makes it fairly accommodating for large folks as well.
- It has a mesh woven back not only comfortable to sit at but also allows for great air circulation and keeps you cool and relaxed. It is stable and firm.
- It has an S-shaped design to suit your spine and a w-shaped seat. In terms of added extra support features, this chair has a leg up from its peers.
- It has a 360° swivel, a changeable inclination angle that goes to 125°, an added footrest that is retractable, and adjustable armrests, a backrest, and a 45° adjustable headrest. It has debugging paddles and an adjustable lumbar pillow. This chair ranks pretty high when it comes to adjustability.
- The build isn’t the sturdiest, and this chair might not be very suitable for people that are tall.
- The lumbar support could use some work.
7. SofThread Leather High Back Chair – The Most Stylish Choice
For a stylish and modern-looking chair with good quality leather, this chair is astonishingly affordable. If you’re looking for a budget-friendly chair but looks high-end, then this one’s for you.
This has a very elegant and sophisticated design with a diamond pattern. It exudes luxury, comfort, and good style all in one.
It has a 250 lbs weight capacity.
- It is soft and ultra-padded. It includes a full backrest guaranteed to provide maximum support to you. It doesn’t just look good; it’s highly functional as well!
- It provides lumbar support and has a 360° swivel base. It is fully equipped with great ergonomic features and has padded armrests and a headrest.
- It has a comfortable, sturdy, and durable build.
- It lacks in the adjustability department and does not have many adjustability features. Its armrests are not adjustable.
8. Flexispot Standing Desk Converter – Best Standing Alternative
“Sitting is the new smoking”, there’s a chance you might have heard this many times by now. Now that a sedentary lifestyle is being actively discouraged and sitting for hours in the same spot is increasingly getting frowned upon, you might consider getting the next best thing; a standing desk!
This standing desk converter will bring a lot of flexibility into your life. Just because you’re getting a “standing” desk doesn’t mean you cannot use it while you sit down. A desk converter is for this very purpose. You extend its height and use it when you’re standing and when you get tired or feel like sitting, simply just lower the height and use it as you see fit!
Another pro tip is to use an anti-fatigue mat when using the desk in a standing position to relieve any of the stress or pain from your feet and ankle joints. It can support up to 33lbs in the top tier and 4.4 pounds in the bottom tier.
- This desk has a 28-inch workspace and a 2tier design, which works for both laptop and PC users. The lower tier has a 12inch workspace. You can also use the lower tier to support your arms which adds to its functionality.
- Its height can be adjusted from 4.7 to 19.7 inches
- It is stable, sturdy and has a lasting design, and is smoothly working. It’s attractive, easy to clean, and will protect your desk from any wear and tear. The deck footings are also rubber which means you do not have to worry about them being scratched
- This pro is for the people who hate the assembly process and would do anything to avoid it; this desk comes fully assembled, so you do not have to worry about that!
- Its hydraulic system might require careful dealing so it can last. Its lifting and the lowering system could use some work, so you need to be wary of how you use it.
- It might be a bit wobbly here and there.
9. Musso Ergonomic Computer Chair – Best for Ergonomics
For those who want more functionality in their chair and prefer to take advantage of the ergonomic abilities of a chair for good neck and back support, this chair is a great option!
If you do not like the flashy DXRacer designs and want something more toned down and simple (but by no means unstylish), then you should opt for this ergonomic chair!
It can take up to 300 pounds of weight.
- The leather on this chair is thicker compared to other chairs, and the sponge is high-density. The frame is sturdy, and this chair promises great value for money because of its good quality.
- This chair comes fully equipped with a 360° swivel, a 90° to 170° recline feature, armrests, and a rocking function. It also comes with a neck pillow.
- The wheel casters are larger and more durable than most chairs on this list, so if you are going to be using the chair on rough surfaces, then consider getting this chair.
- The armrests are adjustable. The seat height and seatback can also be adjusted.
- It might have a squeaking sound
10. Serta Ergonomic Executive Chair – Best Adjustable Features
In terms of having features, this chair is the best there is. It is designed to accommodate maximum adjustability, so it wouldn’t be wrong to say that this chair adapts to you and your comfort rather than the other way round.
This chair has a weight capacity of 250 pounds.
- With a 360° swivel, push-button adjustability, and large diameter casters, this chair ranks very high in terms of features.
- This chair also has an adjustable seat height (3 inches), adjustable lumbar support, and adjustable armrests. Thus, it’s also fairly adjustable.
- It is equipped with a 3-inch thick padded cushion for good support.
- It is comfortable, soft, and good-looking.
- Its armrests are designed to be a bit too far out for some people.
11. Amazon Basics Padded Computer Desk Chair – Most Affordable Option
For folks on a very tight budget looking for a good chair for less than 100$, look no further! Although all chairs on this list are affordable, it is still understandable that some of them might be on the higher end of the budget for certain people. This chair, however, is the most affordable potion you’ll find for the features, quality, and adjustability it has to offer.
This chair can withstand about 275 lbs.
- This chair has padded armrests, bonded leather on a metal frame, and smooth-rolling dual-wheel casters. So in terms of features, this chair is on par with most of the other chairs on this list.
- The seat height is adjustable from 38.5 to 42 inches.
- The padding on this chair is firm and durable. It is made of soft polyurethane.
- Since it is made of leather, it might get too hot to use after a while.
12. Amazon Commercial Ergonomic High-Back Executive Chair – Most Comfort-Focused Design
If you are used to working for long hours in the same spot, you probably know how dependent a chair’s functionality is on its comfort. If it is not supportive for your neck and back and hurts, then it is of little to no use.
For people like this, the Amazon Executive chair is an excellent option! It is built to maximize comfort and continue to provide support even after extended periods.
It has a 275-pound weight capacity.
- Like many other chairs on this list, this chair also has a 360° swivel. In addition to that, it has a 90-155° recline. It has armrests along with an extended headrest and lumbar support pad.
- What sets this chair apart is its commitment to comfort. It has padded armrests, so your elbows don’t hurt much even after using them for long periods. The padding on this chair is made with premium quality material. Once you sit in this, you’ll finally be able to feel what true luxury is.
- It has an adjustable seat height, tilt lockout, and tilt tension.
- The armrests might be a bit flimsy.
All these chairs are affordable under a budget and great alternatives for the standard expensive (often overpriced) gaming chairs. Along with being affordable, they all have a range of features that make them highly versatile. So I hope this list helps you find the ideal chair for your needs even on a lean budget.